5572 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to change monitor's resolution?

mura-kei7
Advisor

How to change monitor's resolution?

Hello

Does anyone know how to change console monotor's resolution?

I use netbackup GUI of rx2660 via X server emulator on 1024*768 note pc,

I can not see bottom/top of some netbackup's windows , because rx2660's resolution is 1280*1024 but note pc 1024*768. 

How to change monitor's resolution?

2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If you're using an X server on your notebook PC, then the resolution of the rx2660's console has no effect to your situation at all. Your remote X session is not a duplicate of the session on the console, but a completely independent session.

You should check the settings of your X server emulator: a good X server emulator should automatically detect the resolution of the PC, unless it's been configured to use something else. Even a bad X server emulator should have some way to adjust the resolution of the virtual X desktop.

But the real problem might be the Netbackup GUI itself: the designers of Netbackup probably haven't even considered if their application GUI is useable with a display resolution that was common back in 1995 or so - more than 15 years ago.

MK
Chhaya_Z
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can try the below two options if its an X server:

1.  Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf using a text editor (pico /etx/X11/xorg.conf) and add these two lines in the Monitor section of the config file:

HorizSync 31-95
VertRefresh 50-60

Now reboot X or your server and next time you connect using VNC you'll be able to select up to 1024x768.

The Monitor Section will look something like this when you have added the two lines:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
HorizSync 31-95
VertRefresh 50-60
EndSection

2. Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf and modify the subsection "Display" section to look something like below (the first mode you give is the default it takes)

DefaultDepth 24
SubSection “Display”
Virtual 1024 768
Depth 24
Modes “1024x768@60” “800x600@60”
EndSubSection

Regards,
Chhaya

I am an HP employee.
Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.