Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to MS SQL Server from HP-UX?

alberthsu
Occasional Visitor

How to connect to MS SQL Server from HP-UX?

Hi,

Currently we are trying to customize NNM on an HP-UX box to retrieve some data stored on a MS SQL database on an NT machine. What will be the easiest way to do so?

Albert
HP Consulting
2 REPLIES
Philip Chan_1
Respected Contributor

Re: How to connect to MS SQL Server from HP-UX?

Take a look at the MSSQL::DBlib module

http://www.algonet.se/~sommar/mssql/

with it you could manipulate SQL Server data from within Perl (nice effort by Michael Peppler & Christian Mallwitz).

The other method is feed your Transact-SQL script to the isql command, then parse the output using shell script (cut, sed, grep etc).

Hope this help.

Rgds,
Philip
Tony Watts
Advisor

Re: How to connect to MS SQL Server from HP-UX?

Albert,
First, are you currently connected to the NT machine? if not, I would recommend using WRQ Reflection suite, its a highly customizable package and got me connected from my NT Server To my HP9000 server in about 45 minutes, from that point I could share data both ways including all db's drives and printers, or if you prefer there are quite a large variety of other packages that do similiar, but have tried them and then finding Reflections, I would definately recommend that.
Second, but if you are not currently connected, I cant offer too much more...Hope this was usefull...Tony