1751695 Members
4760 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to copy ISO image file using HP RecordNow

Paul Mancillas
Advisor

How to copy ISO image file using HP RecordNow

Does anyone know how to copy an ISO image file to a CD-R disk using HP RecordNow software on WindowsXP? I have looked at all the options within the RecordNow software and I cannot find out how to do it. Thanks for your reply.

Paul
9 REPLIES 9
Steven  Bucek
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to copy ISO image file using HP RecordNow

To the best of my knowledge you can not make a ISO image with the Record Now software. This is pretty basic software that lets you do the most common tasks that a burner is used for. If you want advanced feature like making custom bootable cd's or making one of MANY other images than ISO you need to use something like Nero Buring Rom. If you dont need all the fluff fluff features of that software look into something called ISO buster or just do a search on tucows.com and support someone who writes a shareware program for your task.
--To go forward, you must backup
Neill Laney

RecordNow documentation does indicate the software will recognize the ISO image and prompt the user whether to record the file structure. Unfortunately, the latest version 3.5 on Win2000 Pro doesn't prompt as documented. I'm going to reinstall the software, but I'm not going to hold my breath either. Older versions of Easy CD creator allowed you to do this. I don't accept your premise that RecordNow is a no frills cd burner. That's not what I paid for when I bought the CD-Writer. You've been listening to too much M$ prop.
Zac Thompson

There is no option or setting to enable or disable this capability. The file must have an extension of .iso; the steps are as follows:
- Open RecordNow
- Select Data Disc
- Insert a disc for recording
- Select the ISO image file

You should be prompted to create a disc with the contents of the file. After that you should be able to proceed as usual. Works for me with RecordNow 3.5 on Win2K professional.

Zac
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Paul:

I just had a problem creating a bootable CD of Windows .NET 2003 RC2 on my WINXP Pro PC. I downloaded 'ISO Recorder' from http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder/download.asp

Now, if I right click on an ISO file, there is a new selection in the popup list named "Copy Image to CD". I click on that and it works great.

Hope this helps!

Happy Holidays!
Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Michael_207
Frequent Advisor

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Michael_207
Frequent Advisor

Sorry Roger - I know you had already supplied the answer and I am not try to "steal" you points, but your url did not work...

Did you see my Q about a file properties? Jon answered it but this does not apply to my situation.
Michael_207
Frequent Advisor

Sorry Roger - I know you had already supplied the answer and I am not try to "steal" you points, but your url did not work...

Did you see my Q about a file properties? Jon answered it but this does not apply to my situation. ps (it's for that info I promised - but you will need PGP - Got it?
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Michael:

No problem. Thanks for pointing out the error. I do not have PGP but if what you're sending me is interesting enough, I suppose I could! BTW, I didn't see your file properties post.

Happy Holidays to all!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Michael_207
Frequent Advisor

Sorry about the double submission.

Was browzing over the above subject and found this neat app:
DAEMON Tools 3.17
Description: Allows you to mount ISO images as if they were CD/DVD.

Info:

This is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation.
DAEMON Tools is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and
incorporates all its features.
This program allows:

1. Running BACKUP copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom and Laserlok protected
games.

2. Mounting CUE, ISO, CCD, BWT, CDI and MDS image files as virtual DVDROM drives.

It works under Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CDROM drives (IDE/SCSI).
If you are using Windows95 then you must have at least Win 95B (with installed
USB Supplement and Internet Explorer 4 or higher.

It's attached