Operating System - HP-UX
1753797 Members
7187 Online
108802 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get craphical data out from sar-outputs

Tatu Salin

How to get craphical data out from sar-outputs

So I got a problem to solve how to produce graphical outputs of sar data. There is no sence to start write down sar-outputs to excel to produce graphical data about cpu consumption at the 15 seconds intervals. I have calculated that it will produce a data about 28800 line in a hour. Does somebody know is there any other tools for HP-UX than sarcheck to produce data, what can be used to present a data in a graphical form?
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to get craphical data out from sar-outputs

Sar is such an antiquated tool that I really don't find it all that use. Glance/Measureware will give you all the graphs that you want but it's not free. If you want to do your own then go to the HP-UX Porting and Archive Centre:

http://hpux.its.tudelft.nl/hppd/hpux/Text/jgraph-8.3/

In addition to jgraph, I would look at gnuplot as well at the same website.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Re: How to get craphical data out from sar-outputs

For free ?

The glance pack / Measure where coupled with OV Performance Manager graphing utility is the most common but it is not free.

I have in the past tried a number of free graphing utilities for unix but none have really made anymore sense than importing into excell and graphing there.

There are a large number of $$ collectors and graphers out there for your choosing.