Operating System - HP-UX
1752493 Members
5530 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to have access to all the HPUX 11.31 DCOE patches for download and for applying

Yaboto
Super Advisor

How to have access to all the HPUX 11.31 DCOE patches for download and for applying

Hi,

I have an hp unix Data Centre edition with VPAR virtualization implemented on one to two boxes.

I want to be able to download any patches required to support the integration and the upgrade of Oracle Database and any other application being run on top of the HPUX 11.31.

Please give me guidelines as per part number or SAID or patches or care pack as references.

Thanks

Yaboto  

4 REPLIES 4
Mani_Np
HPE Pro

Re: How to have access to all the HPUX 11.31 DCOE patches for download and for applying

As your requirement is the upgrade of Oracle Database, you should refer the Oracle documents for "HP-UX Itanium Minimum Operating System Requirements".

Requirement varies based on Oracle Database version.

Please refer Oracle Database Installation Guide for 12c Release 2 (12.2) for HP-UX Itanium URL: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/12.2/hpdbi/database-installation-guide-hp-ux-itanium.pdf

In page page 37  "HP-UX Itanium Minimum Operating System Requirements".

From HPUX side, it is recommended to have latest QPK patch bundles installed on both VSP and vPAR environment.

You can download patches from HPESC website: https://support.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/patch/home/ , under "Find standard patch bundles", select "HPUX".  Latest Patch bundle as of now is "Sep '18 (11.31 Standard Patch Bundles)". 

Note: You should link your HPUX support SAID with HPE Passport login to view and download patch bundles.

Regards,

Manikandan

Regards,
Manikandan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Please, how to get the HPUX support SAID to view and download patch bundles?
I mean the procedure or the process in aquiring the SAID. Is about sending quotation request to hpe???
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Please, how to get the HPUX support SAID to view and download patch bundles?
I mean the procedure or the process in aquiring the SAID. Is about sending quotation request to hpe???
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

In order to have access to all HP-UX patches, you have to have a software support contract with HP.  To do this you will need to contact HP, provide them with information on the server you want under support, and they will tell you how much it will cost.

Once the contract is paid for, or they have received the purchase order from your company, you will receive the SAID and other information you need to link the contract to your HP Passport ID.