Operating System - HP-UX
1753587 Members
6797 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to identify hostname,ipaddress of user in 3-tier app. arch.

Yash99
Occasional Advisor

How to identify hostname,ipaddress of user in 3-tier app. arch.

Hi
In 3-tier architecture when all users are first connected to application server and after that application server make connection to database,So from database side we get information that all session are from application with same username.

In this scenario from database side Can we find out user's host name,ip address connecting to database through application server and firing sql statements.
basically i want to identify a user, how is firing malicious queries into database.
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to identify hostname,ipaddress of user in 3-tier app. arch.

You don't bother to identify the database; you don't bother to identify the application; you don't bother to identify any of the protocols; you don't bother to identify the OS('s) --- and yet you want answers?

You have to look at this from the point of view of ther application server. That is the only box that can possibly "know" this. What you are looking for can probably be inferred from a combination of ps, netstat, and lsof. Of course, I am answering under the rather silly assumption that the application server is an HP-UX. It's also possible that some of the application log files already contain exactly the data you are looking for.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Yash99
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to identify hostname,ipaddress of user in 3-tier app. arch.

Thanks for update