1753439 Members
5075 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install Red Hat 9.0 in "HP Compaq dx6100 MT Base Unit"

Amit_64
Occasional Contributor

How to install Red Hat 9.0 in "HP Compaq dx6100 MT Base Unit"

In a new PC of "HP Compaq dx6100 MT Base Unit" when I tried to install the Red Hat 9.0, it aborts with displaying the messege " no drivers found" etc...

then how do I install it? from where can i download the required drivers?Please send me the solution as early as possible.
9 REPLIES 9
HGN
Honored Contributor

Re: How to install Red Hat 9.0 in "HP Compaq dx6100 MT Base Unit"

Hi

You need to go and download the array drivers from the HP site and prepare the driver disk and provide it during install only then it can start seeing the disks

Rgds

HGN
Amit_64
Occasional Contributor

before i ask my problem here on this site i have already asked the same query on hp site's forum. and they sugested me to put my query on ITRC site.

now where do i go?
xyko_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Amit,

you have some usefull information here : http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/linux/products/clients/dx6100mt-cert.html

Look very carefuly about hardware pre-instalation process. It's very important to setup hardware correctly before trying to begin linux instalation.

regards,
xyko

Hi
I had the same problem and I am still looking for the solution.
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

I'd start by using something newer than RH9, given that that series of machine uses SATA hard-drives, and RH9 was release before anybody knew much about SATA.

Use one of the Fedora's (I'd suggest FC3), and try again.
One long-haired git at your service...
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

its more likely that RH 9.0 does not have support for any new array controllers including SATA. So better suggestion would be to use Fedora Core 3 which is based on RH. Also it is free.

If you have no special reason to RH 9.0 then go for Fedora Core 3, otherwise go by the preinstallation steps to create your own driver disk.

Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup

Thanks lot
I would like to know where Can I download Fedora Core 3. and since i have bought a Redhat 9 I hope to know more about it's installation in my new HP PC.
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

You can download any of the FC's from the Fedora website ( http://fedora.redhat.com ) or mirrors.
One long-haired git at your service...
Sunny Joseph

Hi,
Change the BIOS setup to.

SATA Emulation <--> Combined IDE Controller