Operating System - Microsoft
1753488 Members
4079 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to install or enable Advanced Queue (AQ) in the oracle database 10g Release 2

minh pacia

How to install or enable Advanced Queue (AQ) in the oracle database 10g Release 2

Hi,

How to install or enable Advanced Queue (AQ) in the oracle database 10g Release 2. My OS is Windows XP.

Kindly give the detail steps.

..Minh
6 REPLIES 6
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: How to install or enable Advanced Queue (AQ) in the oracle database 10g Release 2

hi Minh,

Advanced Queuing should already be available with your installation.

verify that the dbms_aqadm package is available.

if you want, we can provide you with a simple example

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

posted in wrong forum, moved to more appropriate forum
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
minh pacia

yogeeraj,

This is the history of the database that I inherited:
-- Oracle 9.2
-- an upgrade was executed to bring it to Oracle 10g Release 2.

I would like to re-install Advanced Queuing. Is this possible?

Please send me the simple example.

..Minh
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

to start with, try to install the two packages (DBMS_ADM and DBMS_AQ) from the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory.

then as a test, you can create the following user:
CREATE USER aq IDENTIFIED BY aq;

GRANT CONNECT, RESOURCE, aq_administrator_role TO aq;

GRANT EXECUTE ON dbms_aq TO aq;

GRANT EXECUTE ON dbms_aqadm TO aq;

begin
dbms_aqadm.grant_system_privilege('ENQUEUE_ANY','AQ',FALSE);
dbms_aqadm.grant_system_privilege('DEQUEUE_ANY','AQ',FALSE);
end;
/

After you are able to create this user, you will be able to proceed with any test that you may wish

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
minh pacia

yogeeraj,

Thank you for the help. I follow your suggestion to re-install the Advanced Queue package.

..Minh
minh pacia

I have re-installed the Package as suggested and now it is a different error that I don't believe is related to Advanced Queue.