New Discussion юеВ

How to "downgrade" from Oracle Enterprise Ed. to Standard Ed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Ubeda
Frequent Advisor

How to "downgrade" from Oracle Enterprise Ed. to Standard Ed

Hi,

I have installed a Oracle Enterprise Ed. engine 10.1 and I need to downgrade to Oracle Standard Ed. 10.2 without recreate the database or make export/import.
Sombody has this experience ?

Regards
Daniel
Daniel
3 REPLIES 3
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to "downgrade" from Oracle Enterprise Ed. to Standard Ed

hi Daniel,

Due to the differences between both versions when using the various Options, you cannot simply convert from an Enterprise Edition to a Standard Edition. The problem lies in the fact that the Enterprise Edition contains lots of Data Dictionary objects which are not available in the Standard Edition.

The only way is to EXP/IMP

For more information see metalink note: 139642.1 - "Converting from Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition"

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Oracle metalink says the only way to properly convert from an Enterprise Edition back to a Standard Edition is through an Export /Import operation.

This way you will get rid of all Enterprise Edition specific Data Dictionary objects, as the SYS schema objects are not exported. After the Import in the Standard Edition database, you only need to drop all user schemas related to Enterprise Edition features, such as the MDSYS account (used with Oracle Spatial).

As Yogeeraj mentioned the Note for converting from Enterprise to standard edition, before converting also refer to metalink Note 1011449.7 and 112591.1 for details in a difference between both Editions.

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Daniel Ubeda
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, I will export import the data.

Daniel
Daniel