1751894 Members
5244 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

How to use vbscript to install laserjet 8100 w/duplex & added memory

Marc B. Hankin
Occasional Contributor

How to use vbscript to install laserjet 8100 w/duplex & added memory

I found a vbscript to install a tcp/ip port and setup several printers for my HP8100 laserjet (E.g. HP_8100_Flip, HP_8100_Side2Side, HP_8100_OneSide). But I can't figure out how to use vbscript to tell the installed printers:
1. That it has 32 meg of memory installed;
2. That the duplex unit (for 2 sided printing) is installed;
3. That the HP_8100_Flip printer should flip the pages using the long side, etc.

Does anyone know where I could find info about how to make those settings using vbscript?
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: How to use vbscript to install laserjet 8100 w/duplex & added memory

Creat a print queue on a server with all the information needed for you're printers and just add it with you're script.

Dan

Tip on getting help in HP Forum APPLY YOU'RE POINTS!!!!!! 1 messages applied out of 14 for you're profiles.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

These are applied in EVERY MESSAGES in you're THREAD of you're question next to date and time has UNASSIGNED and the buton to apply is on the bottom of the page