Operating System - Microsoft
1748066 Members
5344 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I am having a probem when printing tiff images from Windows 98 (Kodak) imaging to a HP 8100DN

Gary Dower

I am having a probem when printing tiff images from Windows 98 (Kodak) imaging to a HP 8100DN

I am having a probem when printing tiff images from Windows 98 (Kodak) imaging to a HP 8100DN printer. This causes the TIFF images to print as solid black image.
2 REPLIES 2
Mike McKinlay
Honored Contributor

Re: I am having a probem when printing tiff images from Windows 98 (Kodak) imaging to a HP 8100DN

Check your driver version against those available at

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hplaserjet7856_swen.html

I see this problem most frequently when someone is using the wrong driver.

I'm assuming you can print everything else okay to this printer. Is it all TIFFs or just one TIFF? Is it a color graphic or just black-and-white?
"Hope springs eternal."
Scott Laws
Regular Advisor

Re: I am having a probem when printing tiff images from Windows 98 (Kodak) imaging to a HP 8100DN

also might want to check if your printing too dark (causing too much ink to be released and making your picture look black), I had the same problem with my Epson 900 printer. tweak your printer property's and make sure you have color printing enabled (assuming its a color printer) and the quality settings are to your liking.

good luck
what? no cheese?