108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I want to instal linuxs in s3120n wich one you recomend and the drivers please

SOLVED
Go to solution
kuro_2
Occasional Advisor

I want to instal linuxs in s3120n wich one you recomend and the drivers please

I want to explore linuxs and i want to know which one you recomend with the driver 100% compatible with your best choise of the linuxs please help me please
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: I want to instal linuxs in s3120n wich one you recomend and the drivers please

>>> 100% compatible

I think you are expecting too much. The linux distribution depends of what do you want to "explore".

For desktop oriented linux, use Ubuntu, PCLinuxOS or Mandriva.

For server oriented linux, try with CentOS.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
kuro_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: I want to instal linuxs in s3120n wich one you recomend and the drivers please

But i need drivers for the internet usb mother board etc. so i can instal any linuxs and i will not need drivers
kuro_2
Occasional Advisor

I want for servers becouse i know linuxs is unhackeble is the best because dont have errors like windows
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

There is only one Linux kernel, and many distributions. Your just going to have to choose a distribution. You will want to pick a popular one since you will find more support via newsgroups, etc.

Note: asking which Linux distro is the best is like asking what pizza toppings are the best. You'll get a bunch of different answers and still not know which to choose.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
ronss
Occasional Advisor

i have not used linux for awhile,,but i found ubuntu was fairly easy to use, and install the nividia driver....most linux verions you will have to install drivers,,,that is the open-source as a rule.,unless you buy a linux version that could possibly have some drivers installed...but most you will still have to install....i once had most drivers installed on suse,,,but it took some work...linux is not for the amateur,,that is my opinion..