Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOT trap

Cathy Reinhart
Occasional Visitor

IOT trap

I am having IOT trap error when running java application on our test machine with the following specification
"HP-UX kareem B.11.00 A 9000/785 2005664767 two-user license"

but the exact same bits running fine on the other machine with the following specification
"HP-UX rose-hp B.11.00 U 9000/800 2003252272 unlimited-user license"

Any information would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Re: IOT trap

Try installing Unlimited license
This is a free downloadable depot and required a reboot

Link is here.
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=UNLIMUSERLIC

Good Luck

-USA..
Good Luck..
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hello,
IOT = IndexOrganizedTable Oracle ?

In this case it should not have anything to do with the number of licensed HP-UX Users.

Check Oracle Release, Oracle Patchlevel and Oracle Bugfixes and init.ora or even better v$parameter on both databases.

Is it a java-trap or an Oracle trap with an oracle tracefile ? If oracle writes a trace, please attach it. If java complains check Java-Versions and java-Oracle library versions.

Good hunting
Volker
Cathy Reinhart
Occasional Visitor

Hi,
I didn't use oracle or anything related to that. So it shouldn't be oracle related.
Cathy Reinhart
Occasional Visitor

I didn't use oracle or anything related to that. So it shouldn't be oracle related.