1752793 Members
6407 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ISA server 2000 and Lotus Notes 6.5.1

Luis_131
Regular Advisor

ISA server 2000 and Lotus Notes 6.5.1

I am trying to send emails through the ISA server 2000 and I have made all the configuration to do so, but I receive an error on my Lotus Notes email server that says: ROUTER, SMTP server not responding.
What I did was to telnet my lotus notes server to port 25 from my ISA server 2000 and I can see that my Lotus Notes server is reponding pretty well, but when I telnet from my Lotus Notes server to the ISA server, I see no response.
Can anyone of you help me with this one?.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Ruben Romero

Re: ISA server 2000 and Lotus Notes 6.5.1

Luis,

How do you fix your problem, I have the same but using Domino R5

Regards
Viktor V. Lubezniy
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Maybe your ISA server has a firewall with incorrect rules of TCP packets filtering, and TCP packets to the port 25 of SMTP server doesn't pass through your ISA server.

Best regards,
Viktor V. Lubezniy
Luis_131
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I have my lotus notes delivering emails with this Netwok Associates gauntlet V5.5 firewall and it works pretty well, but if I try it with ISA Server 2000, then I start having this communication error.
Do you have any documentation that can help us to configure the ISA server 2000?. I already try that one on the ISA Server forum, but it didn't work. I think that they only have this information to work with Exchange and not any other email software.
Thanks.
rigel

Hi,

I hope it not too late because just now I have same problem. I cannot telnet to port 25 with my ISA.

Do you have the solution of this problem? Will you share the solution?

Appreciate & Thanks in advance,

Heri