Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO 10646

ITSD-ACCS
Frequent Advisor

ISO 10646

In order to make a oracle database ISO-10646 compliant, I have to migrate the database to 8.1.7 with character set UTF-8. Do I need to install any patches on OS/level ( 10.20 and 11.0 ) in order to make it compliant
4 REPLIES
Tom Geudens
Honored Contributor

Re: ISO 10646

Hi,
See attached PDF.

Regards,
Tom Geudens
A life ? Cool ! Where can I download one of those from ?
ITSD-ACCS
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

To further my question. To compliant with ISO-10646(2000), unicode version need to 3.0. Do HP-UX 11.0 meet this unicode version ?
Tom Geudens
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I see I misinterpreted your question (my excuses for that). As far as I can find the answer is NO. The only compliance I can find is the ISO-10646 (1995 !!!) which is achieved with PHCO_16496.

You might want to open a softwarecall for this ...

Regards,
Tom
A life ? Cool ! Where can I download one of those from ?
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

To extend on the subject, if you plan to use Unicode - Oracle in combination with Perl DBI / DBD, I can tell that perl-5.6.1 is NOT Unicode 3 compliant. The current development version *is*. The current development is 5.7.3, (very) soon to be released as 5.8.0

HTH

Note: The development of Unicode in perl has changed the definition of regular expressions in Unicode standards 3. If you read the Unicode book, there are a few references to perl :))
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn