Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite-UX Recovery Problem

Hyunchul Lee_1
Occasional Contributor

Ignite-UX Recovery Problem

Dear,

I will ask you question of Ignite-UX.
We have 16th HP-UX servers.(K Class, T Class,
rp series...)

We will backup the K Class System by Ignite-
UX. (HP-UX 11.11 64-bit)
And then, will restore the tape into rp7410 systems.

Our HP SE recommand that Ignite-UX recovery will successful in same models. (K Class ->
K Class)

but different model will not successful recovery. (K Class -> rp7410 or rp7410 ->
K Class)

I think that ignite-UX Recovery does not
considered with models.

So, Please reply for above question.

Best Regards,
2 REPLIES
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX Recovery Problem

The advice from HP is very good. The K-class is a very different machine than the rp-class computers. None of the I/O cards are compatible and many of the drivers will not be present in the K-class that are needed in the rp-class. The latest version of Ignite/UX will do a better job in working across different computer models but there will still be a number of complex problems to solve. There may be some serious patch problems that will prevent the rp7410 from running properly.

The best solution would be to cold-install the rp-class machines with the latest version of HP-UX, add all the pacthes and then move the applications over to the rp machines.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX Recovery Problem

Whilst the latest ignite version does allow you to create a ghost from another type (class) of system, in this case I would not do this. For starters, the hardware, drivers and many of the system patches will be different. I would contemplate a fresh install and if intend to use the same disk array (that contains your data) you could do an export/import to the new server. The latest ignite can be downloaded from here, should you wish to use it.

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html
Anyone for a Mutiny ?