Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite and customisations

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Clay_2
Occasional Advisor

Ignite and customisations

Has anyone got an example of the file /var/opt/ignite/config.local that I can follow to copy certain system defaults to our systems.
"Computer games don¹t affect kids, I mean if pac man affected us as kids, we¹d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
3 REPLIES
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ignite and customisations

Sample config file:
dns_domain="atl.hp.com"
dns_nameswerver[0] = "15x.xxx.xxx.xxx"
nis_domain="abc"
wait_for_nis_server=FALSE
root_password="abc123xefg"
timezone="CST6CDT"
ntpdate_server="xxx.x.xxx.xxx"

init sw_sel "FC_patches"=TRUE

mod_kernel += "maxuprc 100"
mode_kernel += "dbc_max_pct 80"

Cheryl
"Downtime is a Crime."
James Clay_2
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for that. I am getting the feel of the syntax required for these types of changes.

What is the best resource for finding all of the possible entries for this file?
"Computer games don¹t affect kids, I mean if pac man affected us as kids, we¹d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor