New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ignore colors settings in in IE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Ignore colors settings in in IE

Hi there,
Got a question about Internet Explorer (IE).
In version 4 and 5 it was possebel to ignore the colors that was set in the HTML code (the tag backgroundcolor i.e.)
You would get the page in the Windows colors, I can not find this setting in IE6.

Is there an other wayto fix this? Firefox can do this, but I want to let IE does that to.

So if anyone has an idea how to get this right under IE6, I would be glad to hear it.

Many thanks to all who look into it and I will reward your for your troubel,

Regards,
Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
2 REPLIES 2
Artyom Voronchihin
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hello Ronald!
In my IE6 it placed in menu Services (second menu from right) -> Preferences (the lowest one) -> Tab "Common".
At the bottom of the window where are series of buttons. "Color" button (the left one) lets use Windows colors, "Appearance" button (right one) lets to choose web-page style. Is it that you need?
Sorry, it can be difference in the names of menus and buttons because i've got russian version of IE.
"Intel inside" is not a label, it's a warning.
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi Artyom
Thanks for the reply,k your anwser got me started on the right way, I overlooked the option, is not the colors butten in the general tab, but the accessebility button. There you can Ignore colors and fonts that was what I was looking for.
Persanaly I can not understand that I over looked that, kind of logical to find it there, because I want to use this option to let a visual impared person browse over the interent with his own colerset.

Regards,
Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"