108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ImageMagick on HPUX v11

SOLVED
Go to solution
Russ Hancock_1
Frequent Advisor

ImageMagick on HPUX v11

I've just installed ImageMagick and all the relevant dependencies.
When I come to execute 'display' I get the attached errors. Setting the SHLIB_PATH fixed the first, but then I get a second error on finding the JPEG libraries? But the jpeg lib files are already installed in the SHLIB_PATH (/usr/local/lib) not /opt/jpeg.... etc where it is looking...

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Russ

Russ
4 REPLIES 4
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ImageMagick on HPUX v11

I suspect the problem is all down to the fact that whatever Jpeg libs you have they are not in /opt/jpeg-6/lib : namely libjpeg.a,la and sl.

If you use http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/X11/Graphics/jpeg-6a/ I suspect they will install under /opt/jpeg-6 ... they did on my system , Imagick works and I only needed to add imagick to my $PATH to get it to work.

Where ever the libjpeg.* files are located on your system I'd advise creating a link to /opt/jpeg-6/lib and setting your SHLIB_PATH accordingly or download the above jpeg depot and allow swinstall to install them where imagick expects to find them I guess ...
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

I have not used ImageMagick before but I would try 2 things ..
1) Modify "display" (if this is a wrapper script) to look at /usr/local/lib instead.
2) Create a symbolic link from /opt/jpeg-6/lib to /usr/local/lib
I think 2 is more likely to work for you, that way when it looks in /opt/jpeg-6/lib it's actually looking at /usr/local/lib. Have you check the readme doc, for all you know you may need to set up another library variable for it before you launch "display".
Jean-Louis Phelix
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I also think that a symbolic link between /opt/jpeg-6/lib and /usr/local/lib could work, but I read on http://www.imagemagick.org/www/QuickStart.html that they use some env variables like :

MAGICK_HOME Path to ImageMagick installation directory (directory above 'bin' directory).

MAGICK_FONT_PATH Directory containing Truetype and/or Postscript Type 1 font files.

TMPDIR Path to store temporary files

LD_LIBRARY_PATH Path to find libMagick.so and other shared libraries

Perhaps this last one (LD_LIBRARY_PATH) could help you.

Regards.

It works for me (┬й Bill McNAMARA ...)
Russ Hancock_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Alex & S.K,

It was indeed the fact that the latest version of jpeg6 B installs into /usr/local/lib not it's own specific directory... likewise with freetype also.

Cheers
Russ
Russ