108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: In need of live contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sugar Gatch
Frequent Advisor

In need of live contact

I want to be able to have live chat with tech. support. I tried reaching H.P. via E-mail unsuccessfully. And when I recieved my confirmation E-mail, I tried to reply. But the window would not print as I'm doing in this window now. I do not understand about the link/warranty agreements. Because my computer is out of warranty(I bought it used), H.P. won"t give me any help over the phone unless I pay. I have no bank account or credit cards. Please, someone with a heart beat, help me!
27 REPLIES 27
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Tell us what's going on with your system, and we'll try to help.

We need to know the following: What HP system (and model if it's related to a hardware problem), and what Operating System you're using.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Sugar Gatch
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Jon for your help. When I try to type in a message window like the one I'm in now-say I recieved E-mail and I click reply. I can type in the areas that say To:,C.c. and Subject. But when I drop down to the message area, the little white flashing bar goes across as I type but no letter's appear. Also, since I'm very new to this computer stuff, will you please tell me what "clearing the cookies" means. And how to do it? My computer is a Compaq Armada 7800 and I use Windows 98. Did you need a serial number? I hope I gave you the right information you asked for. Thank you again so much! Sugar
Jim Kisco
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Don't fell bad, I've had the same exact problem with HP tech support in the past.
HP is fameous for rules.........

Cookies are temporary files that the websites use to track your useage. They install them on your hard drive when your are connected to their website on the internet.

Run the "Disk Cleanup" tool.
Follow the instructions below :
Go to the Start button, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, click on Disk Cleanup, click OK to complete this process.

Be sure you have a Anti-virus software installed to prevent attacks to your email software.

Also, if a particular window is hidden, look at the bottom of the screen, where you can click on a button to open up a that window.

Good luck,
Jim
Sugar Gatch
Frequent Advisor

Do you have a E-mail adress where I can reach you if my pea-brain can't do it right?You can have my E-mail also. I know I'm going to stumble again, if not this then something else. Thank you for your help!
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

we had an issue somewhat similar to this not to long ago, I don't remember which DLL had to be reregistered, but I know I put it into the standard "first barrage" script we use to catch low hanging fruit.

open a command prompt (start | run | CMD ) and copy/paste the below:

regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\urlmon.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Shell32.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Browseui.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\Msjava.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\scrrun.dll
regsvr32 /s c:\WINNT\system32\msxml.dll

good luck
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Sugar,

may I assume, you use outlook express for email? Please check, that the color of the characters, you type are not white, so you don't write white on white. It is an underlined A.

don't loose hope. ;-)

Michael

p.s. is Sugar your first name?
Sugar Gatch
Frequent Advisor

Hi Thomas;Thank you for your reply. I have to be honest with you. When I read your solution, my jaws hit the floor! I was like, " DO WHAT?" You must be a rocket scientist! How did you ever get so smart?! I will first have to figure-out what all that means before I'd ever be able to apply it. That's more confusing to me then "clearing the cookies" is! I will try to figure-out what your telling me to do. But in the mean-time, thank you for trying to help! Keep that light bulb burning! Sugar
Sugar Gatch
Frequent Advisor

Hi Michael;Thank you for the reply! I feel so dumb, I never felt so discouraged in my life as I have since I started becoming computer accquianted. I was always curious about using the computer. But where I'm good with my hands, I knew it was going to be difficult for me to catch-on to the detail of the computer. If it had'nt been for the little business I started and a few other things. I could have done without, what's turning out to be, THE MADNESS! But now I seem to be becoming determined! And I really don't have anyone to help me,so if I can keep someone(s) like yourself from getting discouraged with me. I will keep-up the pursuit! I'm sorry, but I do not know if I have outlook express for E-mail. How do I tell? I do not know how to adjust the color of the print. I bought this computer used, without a user's manual. A manual would help me alot I'm sure! The windows I've been writting in are black, so a white print would have shown up on them.This computer seems to print in yellow. Which makes it hard to see when the window is white. Can I change the color it prints in? Please explain what "underline A" means.And yes, Michael, Sugar is my first name. My daddy always said "Sugar your so hard headed" and the name just seemed to stick. And in answer to your next question, "yes I'm still hard headed". That's why I don't want to give-up on figuring this computer stuff out!
Jim Kisco
Trusted Contributor

You might think about running off to a basic computer class to atleast get familar with concepts. You don't exactly learn how to use a computer overnight.
Your local Library can help.........

How are you connected to the internet?

You might think about trying to startup a web based email account with www.hotmail.com
It's easier to use and you can do email anywhere there is a computer with a working web browser.........

Jim