Operating System - HP-UX
1748224 Members
4639 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Informix 7.24 using KAIO.... Database locks up.

David Ray_2
Occasional Advisor

Informix 7.24 using KAIO.... Database locks up.

Under 10.20 using informix 7.24 and kaio, the database locks up occasionally.

Informix say " sonthing happens on the system side to inhibit the kaio processing and that's what hangs the kaio thread that's running in the engine"

My question is... What could I look for? Is anyone aware of kaio patches for hpux 10.20?

David
2 REPLIES 2
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Yes there are various patches that you could load, possibly blanket patch with the latest patch bundle.
What I would look for first, though, is what is set in your ONCONFIG file, what is RESIDENT set to?
This should be a 1 (despite what Informix may say)
Also how much memory do you have? If greater than 1Gb, check your kernel parameters and ensure that dbc_max_pct is set to allow only about 500 to 600Mb maximum buffer cache.

HTH
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

We are on 7.31 and attempted KAIO when on 7.24. If my memeory serves me correctly, we ababndoned KAIO. Ours would run until we backed up (Omniback) at which time the whole server would become lost in space.. I have been to several recent INFORMIX schools, and no-one has indicated the KAIO works in the HPUX arena.. maybe 11.0 to come, but not 10.20 regardless of patches..
Tommy
I may be slow, but I get there !