5477 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ingres on HP Unix

Rajiv_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi again

Thanks for so much help for trying to solve this problem.

I could not find the variable II_DATE_FORMAT.

The PowerBuilder is running from NT.

Catching Query using IPM..
After chossing the DBMS server and then the session, I chose 1 for more info and 1 again for more info..it shows a blank window with the heading 'Query Text'

Select Statement in PB

Select
fieldnames
from
tablename
where
except_id = :passed_key

Select Statement in Unix
select *
from
tablename
where
exc_id >= 34187
and
exc_id <= 34199

OR

select *
from
tablename
where
exc_date >= '08-Aug-2002'

will result in the same data being displayed.

Rajiv.
Die Hard
Rajiv_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi again

I am thinking that since the query parameters are Unique numbers and not date, aren't we heading in the wrong direction by looking at the problems associated with the date and not by some other thing.

Also i want to tell you that we are deleting certain records mannually everyday that are not meant for going into this application.
On the day after which this problem started the records were not deleted before the system processed it. It resulted into 2169 additional records being appended to this table.
I later mannualy deleted these records and reindexed this table.
( This table has a total of 28298 records and 7 columns as on now )

regards
Rajiv.

Die Hard
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rajiv,

Yes as you tell the problem isn't it the date format or something related with the date.

Perhaps the problem are with the data deleted and the field esc_id and the consistency for this key.

You must study the problem and check the data and the query from Ingres and from PowerBuilder and how this tool create and send the select statment to the Ingres server.

Regards,

Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word