Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install 10.2.0.1 on 11.31

Kgokane
Occasional Contributor

Install 10.2.0.1 on 11.31

I am getting " ./runInstaller -jreLoc /opt/java1.4/jre/bin
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be B.11.23, B.11.11 or B.11.31. Actual B.11.31
Passed

All installer requirements met.

Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2008-06-17_03-23-08PM. Please wait ...
Error in writing to directory /tmp/OraInstall2008-06-17_03-23-08PM. Please ensure that this directory is writable and has atleast 69 MB of disk space. Installation cannot continue.
: No such file or directory" When installing Oracle 10g.Is there something wrong with my JAVA installed?
4 REPLIES
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Re: Install 10.2.0.1 on 11.31

Check for free space in /tmp - at least 69 is needed:
"has atleast 69 MB of disk space"

regards,
ivan
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

try runInstaller with the -debug option.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

I also wanted to add that I had this issue before and it ended being that the installer was using the unzip version that I had installed instead of the one supplied with the installer. I can't remember the exact path, but I had to do and export of my path putting the Oracle installer bin directory first, like so:

export PATH=/tmp/Disk1/bin:$PATH

Then I ran the installer all went well.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

Seems a space problem to me, check free space in tmp as suggested above.

Befor starting runinstaller again remove all Ora* files in /tmp
abandon all hope, ye who enter here..