108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install question

SOLVED
Go to solution
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i am exec. this command and give the succfule result as shown above but i still face the same problem JRE can't found in /bin/java that req. for Run installer and you must install JRE 1.3.1 or higher version from website.
i am now have Oracle9i Warehouse CD did it a correct CD to install Oracle on my server to serve my company if not what is the corect Relese that i need.
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

Try this.

1. Change the JRE_LOCATION in oraparam.ini to /opt/java1.3
2. Start OUI 2.2.0.14 to install the 9.2.0.2 software

Reason :- Possible reasons could be that Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) gets confused by the relative path used in the oraparam.ini file. Providing the full path allows the OUI to find the required files

Alternatively:

1. Download OUI 2.2.0.18 (patch 2878462) or the 9.2.0.4 patchset (patch 3095277) from Metalink
2. Start OUI 2.2.0.18 to install the 9.2.0.2 software

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi again

You may also try adding the java path (at the end) to your PATH in $ORACLE_HOME/ORACLE.env:

PATH="/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/java1.3/bin:$PATH"

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i do it my path is have "/opt/java1.3/bin"when i exec "echo $PATH"
but my problem is still existing when i exec "./RUNINS*" it first ask my to set the DISPLAY varible i but it as "DISPLAY=server:0.0"
then
I exec "./RUNIN*" then the msg appeare
"THE Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/java . hence,the Oracle universal Installer connet be Run.
Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.3.1 or higher and try again.
:No such file or Directory"
Note :
my oracle scource file on /var/ora/DISK1
"ORACLE_HOME=/U01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0"
mohamed_42
Frequent Advisor

i need a Quikly help to solve this problem.
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

Sorry about the delay answering but I just arrived now at the office.

Find the *jre file in var/ora/DISK1 that is causing this issue: if you have oracleswd.jre change it to oracle.swd.jre!

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes

Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

Back from the logn weekend. Have you resolved the issue. If not

The error that you are experiencing could be due to one of the following.

1. if you downloaded JRE 1.3 and installed, and you are using this JRE while oracle installation then then the location of this JRE needs to be mentioned in oraparm.ini

In this case the solution will be to edit the file oraparam.ini in /var/ora/DISK1 at the like JRE_LOCATION (comment the original line and add the new location)
The reason is that Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) gets confused by the relative path used in the oraparam.ini file. Providing the full path allows the OUI to find the required files

2. When you copied from the CD may be the copy was not extracted properly on to the disk.

3. Or as Eric mentioned if you unpacked the Oracle Installation directories Disk1, Disk2 ├в ┬ж apparently, under circumstances, unzipping the zipped CD 1 file downloaded from OTN resulted in incorrect directory names, e.g.
/var/ora/DISK1/stage/Components/oracleswd.jre
instead of the expected
/var/ora/DISK1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre

Note the missing dot '.' between 'oracle' and 'swd'.

Indir
Never give up, Keep Trying