108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Installation of ODBC driver in HP-UX

Raoof
Regular Advisor

Installation of ODBC driver in HP-UX

Hello Experts,

Good Day

Need help to install ODBC driver in hp-unix 11.31 to create db link from oracle database installed on unix to mysql database.

Will be really thankful if you could please provide me the procedure to follow for it.

Regards

20 REPLIES 20
Raoof
Regular Advisor

Re: Installation of ODBC driver in HP-UX

Dear Experts,

Please do the needful, as am a newbie need the procedure to follow to install mysql odbc driver in hpunix 11.31

REgards 

Ken Grabowski
Respected Contributor

ODBC is a MS-Windows protocol and by default is not available in UNIX.  Various vendors provide ODBC compatible drivers for UNIX. They are usually compatible with most ODBC features, but rarely 100%. To my knowledge, these are all software for purchase products. Last time I looked there were no free versions out there.

I would suggest you search the internet for "ODBC for HP-UX". You should get several vendor links that will lead you to a product to use.

Raoof
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I found drivers and the procedure to follow for the installation. I start doing installation, and was able to pass the first huddle  by executing the first commande ./configure --prefix="directory/path".

But after i tried for the second and third command i.e. make and make install it failed with the errors mentioned in the attached file for the refrence.

Please have a look towards the attached fine and advice.

Awaiting for the valuable advices from you all experts.

Regards

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>ld: Unknown input file type: "../DriverManager/.libs/libodbc.so"

This is the wrong architecture.  What do these show:

uname -a

file ../DriverManager/.libs/libodbc.so

Ken Grabowski
Respected Contributor

That's a Linux application that your trying to compile on HP-UX.  To do that you have to find all the supporting shared libraries and port them first. It's a long and involved process with no guarantee of success and definitely no support from anybody.  HP use to offer a Linux to HP-UX porting kit, but those are no longer offered.  Internet Express also use to include Linux development tools for HP-UX but those are also gone.  If this is for a production application you have or are trying to develop, I strongly suggest you look at the commercial products on the market. Their the only reasonably stable and supported options that I know of for ODBC on HP-UX.

Raoof
Regular Advisor

I will be really thnkful to you all if you could please provide me the procedure to configure odbc setup in hpunix 11.31.

Raoof
Regular Advisor

uname -a

HP-UX mcmsdbl1 B.11.31 U ia64

Raoof
Regular Advisor

Please do the needful, need help to resolve this issue at earliest.

Raoof
Regular Advisor

Hello experts,

Please help me out to resolve my issue, its really very urgent.

Thanks & Regards