Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Oracle 8.1.7.3

Emanuele Croci
Occasional Contributor

Installing Oracle 8.1.7.3

Hi,
when nearing the end of the installation of Oracle 8.1.7.3 I get the error:

Error in invoking target install of makefile /ORACLE/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk

In my HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/802 system, the kernel variable maxdsiz_64bit is seted to 2 GB.

Do I need to make it 4 GB?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Emanuele
3 REPLIES
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing Oracle 8.1.7.3

This is an oracle issue:

http://www.mlug.ca/download/oracle-install.pdf

Contact Oracle for the latest "patches".

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Mike Hassell
Respected Contributor

Emanuele,

I don't think you need to change your maxdsiz to fix this problem. I think this is related to libc patches that will resolve problems encoutered when installing Oracle 8i/9i. Download and install the following patches and you should be set:

PHCO_25707
PHCO_23963

Hope that helps.

-Mike
The network is the computer, yeah I stole it from Sun, so what?
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hi Emanuele,

the problem might not be with Oracle but with HP-UX's linker "ld" - that needs more than 64MB of data segment, and hence the kernel parameter "MAXDSIZ" set to, say, 128MB!
And then you need an "ld" patch, too.

HTH,
Wodisch