Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Oracle 9i on HP-UX 11.0

wish_1
Frequent Advisor

Installing Oracle 9i on HP-UX 11.0

Dear Friends

Please send me link or details about setting and installing Oracle 9i Rel 2 on HP-UX 11.0

Thanks in Adv.

Regards
Wish
5 REPLIES
Thummalu
Frequent Advisor

Re: Installing Oracle 9i on HP-UX 11.0

Hi Wish,

you can get more info from here http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oracle9i.html
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi

On your Oracle 9i Server cdrom (CDROM #1).

The installation guides can be accessed from:
//doc/unixdoc/index.html

i also suggest that you download and run the "InstallPrep.sh" script from metalink. It will allow you to prepare you server for a successful installation

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Jayasuntar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Create a user name in metalink site. It is free.

Use the above site for downloading the oracle installation docs.

Regards

Jay

Regards
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The installation CD of oracle has a very good procedure for kernel parameter setting,user creation,and installation etc.

It will be very good enough if you go through that once.

With Regards,

Siva.
Nothing is Impossible !
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Wish,

Attached is Note:201023.1 from metalink "Quick Start Guide Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0) RDBMS Installation HP-UX Operating System".

Each step should be done in the order that it is listed. These steps are the bare minimum that is necessary for a typical install of the Oracle9i RDBMS.

This document is only a quick reference that can be used when installing Oracle 9.2.0 on the HP-UX platform. It is NOT a complete Installation Guide.

As Yogeeraj mentioned in the above post it is advisable to run the install preparation script to know and verify the pre-requisite requirements for installation of oracle 9.x on HP-UX 11.0

For more detailed information there is documentation available from the following resources:

Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0) CD-ROM Disk1 : Mount the CD-ROM, then use a web browser to open the file "index.htm" located at the top level directory of the CD-ROM. On this CD-ROM you will find the Installation Guide, Administrator's Reference, and other useful documentation.

Oracle Documentation Center : Point your web browser to the following URL:
http://otn.oracle.com/documentation/content.html

Select the highest version CD-pack displayed to ensure you get the most up-to Oracle

Technical Network (OTN) :Point your web browser to the following URL:

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying