1752577 Members
4071 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrity VM install

Troy Nightingale
Occasional Advisor

Integrity VM install

I have recently upgraded one of my rx8640 servers from 11iv2 to 11iv3.0309 (VSE). I am trying to install T2767CC IVM 4.1 on this server but without success. It says it will install ok, but after the reboot I get an inode_table_overflow before it gets to the rc processing.

Rebooting has no effect. It won't let me boot into single-user mode to make any changes.....assuming I knew what to change.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

I 'believe' this is referring to the 'ninode' parm. You might need to adjust this parm.

Rita
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Here's another thing...

You're trying to install HPVM. But do you run anything else on this box? HPVM wants to control things, so it really doesn't like alot of other software on the box. You can have some things, but other things in conjunction with HPVM are a 'no-no'. So things like HP-SIMM and Oracle 10g and so forth do not play well on a box with HPVM.

Just a thought,
Rita
Troy Nightingale
Occasional Advisor

I have already done this process once, successfully on another server that I think is configured the same. The ninode parameters are identical on both servers and I believe the installed software is also identical.