7164 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Internet Keyboard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Annette Todd

Internet Keyboard

None of the internet buttons on my keyboard work anymore. I can only use the regular keys. I have always connected to the internet, played CDs and DVDs and controlled the volume from the keyboard. My hard drive failed and I had a new one installed and it has not worked since then. Help!!
4 REPLIES 4
Eugen Cocalea
Respected Contributor

Hi,

I believe your keyboard needs to be identified as an Internet Keyboard by Windows before you can use it. Go in Control Panel -> Keyboard and change it to the model you have. Maybe you even need special drivers for it and if so, I suppose you have them on one of the CDs/floppies that were shipped with your computer/keyboard.

E.
To Live Is To Learn
Ross_4

HI Annette , I have a similar problem , my hard drive crashed , replaced it and now my volume and mute key on the keyboard no longer work , I have a pavillion 8511 , hopefully someone has an answer.

Cheers

Ross
B Frank
Solution

You can use the recovery Cd to get the stuff back for the keyboards. Or remove it from the System Devices and/or get the latest drivers from hp.com for your model and follow directions. There is no way it should not work.
Theres a icon in C drive called OSD and looks like a big arrow. Search for osd.exe. If you have the same luck I had, then it should reactivate the On Screen Display also. Good Luck
Annette Todd

Thanks for your responses. I used the system recovery CD and used the restore (NOT format and restore) mode. My keyboard works fine now!!