New Discussion юеВ

Invalid loader fixup error ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pedro Pontes
Occasional Contributor

Invalid loader fixup error ?

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a Shared Library, using some Arbor static libraries (.a), but, during the link-editing phase, I recieve the error message:

------------------------
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Invalid loader fixup in text space needed in output file for symbol "$00000004" in input file:
"/app/arbordv/site_specific/lib/libarbor_oracle.a(database_gen.o)".
Make sure it was compiled with +z/+Z.
------------------------

Does any one knows how to solve this problem? (as I know that I can't recompile the Arbor libraries!)

Thanks!

Pedro
3 REPLIES 3
Steven Gillard_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Invalid loader fixup error ?

If you can't recompile the code with +z, then I think you're stuck with the archive versions. To create shared libraries, the code must have been compiled as PIC (position independent code) with the +z or +Z options, as the error suggests.

For more information see the HPUX Linker and Libraries guide.

Regards,
Steve
Pedro Pontes
Occasional Contributor

Steve,

I'm working with Arbor Static libraries, that means that those are proprietary libralies who comes with a closed product. So I'm unable to re-compile them.
Do you imagine that would have some other way to link-edit my library using those static libraries?

Thanks!!

Steven Gillard_2
Honored Contributor

Sorry, but as far as I know, there is no way to convert non-PIC object files into PIC. Providing such a utility would be a nice enhancement however - anybody listening from HP? :)

If you really need them your only option is to go back to the vendor and ask them to recompile with +z.

Regards,
Steve