Operating System - HP-UX
1752404 Members
6225 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

It is getting crowded (or should I write "crowned"?) at the court...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

It is getting crowded (or should I write "crowned"?) at the court...

*drums*

Ladies and Gentlemen,

may I point your attention to the high wizard Alan Riggs on his quest for the FINAL POINT to get his well-deserved crown, please!

He has already collect special merits as the "Forums All-Star for October 1999", which possibly means, he has got a long, white beard - working that long on the forums ;-)

So whatever "Sensormatic" is doing, they do know to have (and keep) a great administrator.

Alan, take this as a hint, that we would like to hear a little bit more about you! (Harry e.g. might want to know what brand of beer you prefer :-} - I think)

Warm welcome for a brave soul, who manages to earn points, where other cannot even "reply",

Wodisch (who is NOT writing the chronist of the forums - JRF used to be, but he is still obstructed by the overactive anti-clon-feature
7 REPLIES 7
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Re: It is getting crowded (or should I write "crowned"?) at the court...

Hello gang,

since Thierry has posted another "congrats thread", I would ask you to respond over there:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x07e59200caded5118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

TIA,
Wodisch

This thread is closed now!
Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Moi? You want to know about little, old moi? Well, the important things:

I drink Guinness, Old Peculier, Anchor Steam (porter) and most anything else when my beloved Bucs are choking away another football game.
I really like my wizard hat. I'll miss it.
I wish I could spend more time on these forums--I have easily learned more than I have contributed.
Sensormatic does many things, but most recently they have specialized in getting bought out and making a lot of employees nervous. In our spare time we do electronic security and retail loss prevention.
My French is a bit worse than my German but marginally better than my Italian, which is non-existent.
I wrote (with help) a book once. I keep threatening to write another, but my wife and son seem to think I should spend some time with them, too.
I think the standard for royalty should be raised to at least 4000 points, since so many of you have raised the bae. (Plus it would let me keep my spiffy wizard cap.)
I sometimes write scripts in simple ksh just to show it can be done. (Also because nobody else here knows perl, awk or sed and I like to sleep occassionally.)
I think a good beer is lovely, but a truly special occassion calls for single malt.
I know the words to more Monty Python songs and sketches than can possibly be considered healthy.

And I thank Wodisch for noticing the danger that I would lose my pointy hat. Well, it it were done, it were best done quickly. And if he so desires, I can think of few folk I would be more honored to be crowned (crowded?) by.
Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor

Heh -- ain't that just like me.

Always to slow on the keyboard.
someone_4
Honored Contributor

Wodisch give Alan his one point! He deserves it!! lol
Good job alan!

Richard
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

No, don't raise the bar, just add another hat on the top end.

I may get there one of these days.

Keep up the good work.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Alan! One wave of your magic wand and poof you are crowned! To steal a quote from I believe, Mel Brooks: "It's good to be the king!"

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Merci beaucou, Alan! (you see: my french matches your italian :-)

Thanks for telling us about you.

And for the rest of you: can't you read?
Did I not tell you to congratuale over there on Thierry's thread?
Now I have to do all the work with the points and his thread stays orphaned :-(

Wodisch (who is NOT a chronist but likes to be LAZY!)