1753500 Members
4228 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Java problem

Oliver Zimmermann
Occasional Advisor

Java problem

I have a SuSE 8.2 Professional running, using KDE and mostly the Konqueror for the web. All regular Internet pages with Java apllications are displayed fine but when I start a VPN-connection (Cisco client) to my company where I access the Intranet, there is a page the needs Java and it does not work. The output on the Java console is:Java VM version: 1.4.2Java VM vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.Proxy: localhost:9090Class could not be loaded: ActiveBacktrace: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Active at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:233) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:274) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$2.run(KJASAppletStub.java:163) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)Class could not be loaded: VersionBacktrace: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Version at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.findClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:233) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletClassLoader.loadClass(KJASAppletClassLoader.java:274) at org.kde.kjas.server.KJASAppletStub$2.run(KJASAppletStub.java:163) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)Has anybody a glue what these error messages mean and what to do? Thanks! Oliver
Agitate, Educate, Liberate !
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Grant
Honored Contributor

I will admit to being a java dunce here but I have had this kind of error from time to time and have resolved it by installing a different java. Try http://www.blackdown.org and change the java executable setting in konqueror just a s a test.
Never preceed any demonstration with anything more predictive than "watch this"
Sergejs Svitnevs
Honored Contributor

I think it can be a problem with the company's corporate security policy.

For example you company can disable direct access to Intranet for remote users and enable connection via firewall or proxy server.

Regards,
Sergejs
Paddy_1
Valued Contributor

Are you sure that your CLASSPATH is set properly.seems like your error is due to the fact that it can find the required class in the classpath
The sufficiency of my merit is to know that my merit is NOT sufficient