1752478 Members
5483 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Jetadmin Jet Direct question

Tom Horan
Frequent Advisor

Jetadmin Jet Direct question

In Jetadmin, on HP 11.00, if I am adding in a Jet Direct box connected to a lexmark Line Printer, what do I add the printer as, I dont see any option for a Jet Direct box ?

Cheers
Paul
3 REPLIES 3
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Re: Jetadmin Jet Direct question

Hi Paul

Looks like a tough one to me , for lexmark printers we load anothe S/w fromt there site it markvision which is easier to setup , and also you can try connectint the printer to a PC and setting it up as a remote printer.

Manoj Srivastava
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

try printer model dumbplot, ascii, or ascii with carriage returns. (I'm guessing at the names). That is....try a printer model that has nothing fancy in it. That way the printer won't go nuts missinterpreting the hp commands.

If your jet direct box has more than one port, put the printer the first port (port 0).

Have the printer on and connected to the print server BEFORE you power up the print server.

I assume you can telnet to the print server right?

hope this helps.
steve
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi paul,

You cannot configure a lexmark printer into jetadmin. You can configure the lexmark printer as a remote printer locally connected to a system.

Try this link for more help.

http://support2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000043254667

Hope this helps.

Regds