Operating System - Microsoft
1748209 Members
2676 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Keyboard Internet Connect Button

wendy rogers

Keyboard Internet Connect Button

I have always connected to the internet via the keyboard internet connect button. For some reason today when I tried it, it connected me to internet explorer instead of compuserve. Does anyone know how I can re-program this to my compuserve account? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Eugen Cocalea
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Uninstall Internet Explorer.

I suppose that your keyboard came with a driver. You should be able to assign what program you want to run when pressing that key from the Control Panel -> Keyboard.

E.
To Live Is To Learn
wendy rogers

Eugene,
Thanks for the reply. Do I need internet explorer on my computer for any reason? I think what happened is when I'm online some of the websites I go to will ask if I want to make internet explorer my default browser and I always say no. Someone else was on the computer yesterday and I assume they got that and checked yes. I did go into the control panel -> keyboard and all it let me do with the connect button was to put in a website to go to and I put in cs.com....but when I pushed it, it did not do anything. Thanks
Eugen Cocalea
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Don't you need Internet Explorer to connect to Compuserve? If not, you can uninstall internet explorer unless you don't have any other web browser and you need one.

Try with http://cs.com on the 'site' box.

Anyway, I never used an internet keyboard but just plain old ones and I very seldom use Internet Explorer (usualy when I am not at my desk where I use netscape or sites are not accessible with netscape).

E.
To Live Is To Learn
wendy rogers

Hi Eugen,
Thanks again for replying to me. I have been messing around with the keyboard and now have it to when I push the connect button it opens internet explorer and compuserve. It is showing that cs is my default. I feel like if I get rid of internet explorer, everything will go back to normal. I don't think I use it anyways. However, if I delete it, it will not go into my recycle bin so if I should need it again is it something I can download off the internet? Thanks
Nathan_22
Occasional Advisor

HI,
i dont know if anyone has solved this error for you but I think it would help if you gave the specs of your computer
(i.e. windows xp)
?