1748169 Members
4135 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Kickstart Error

Kickstart Error

Hello All,

I'm trying to install RH-3 AS with kickstart over NFS. For now I'm using the bootnet disk avalaible on hp web site. The problem is that after mounting the nfs repository, I got the following error:
The anaconda installation tree in that directory doesn't seem to match your boot media.

If I swith the screen with Alt-F3, I see that:
* mounted IP:/space/rhel3as on /mnt/source
* can access stage2.img
* mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as /mnt/source/RedHat/base/stage2.img fs is 17
* unmounting loopback /mnt/runtime loop0
* after mountStage2, rc is -1
* not the right one

Does any body know where I am wrong ??

PS: To create the repository I have just copied the 4 CDRom to /space/rhel3as

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Ok, so in your KS, you have a line like:

nfs --server= --dir=/space/rhel3as/

And on , you have a '/space/rhel3as/RedHat/' which has 'base' and 'RPMS' structures?

If that's the case, then good.

The error that's spitting up seems to be a mis-match between the boot-net image you're using and the RH AS3 data you are using.

As a test, try using one of the RHAS3 CD's as boot media, giving a 'ks=floppy' boot string. See if it will build properly that way. This is just a way to rule out the KS configuration.
One long-haired git at your service...

The repository looks good.
I've used kernel-BOOT-2.4.21-15.EL to create my bootdisk which is provided with the 4 CDRoms. So it is really curious to have a mismatch version.
BTW I can't try an installation with CDRom because the server is to far from me, so I use the RILO to access to server and then I use the virtual floppy drive.
I will try using the iso directly.

Thanks again.

I've created a new bootdisk from the bootdisk.img in images/bootdisk.img and it starts working.
Any way after the kernel (vmlinuz) and the initrd.img are loaded, it ask me question about keyboard conf, language, install method etc..
I would like the install to choose automaticly english keyboard etc, so I have configured the kickstart file with these options. I configured my syslinux.cfg like that:
label linux
kernel vmlinuz
append ks=nfs:$IP:/space/install/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0 ...

When I switch screen with ALT-F3 I get the following error:
* ASSERT: no network device in chooseNetworkInterface.

This means thath the information on the floppy are good, but as it doesn't load the tg3.o driver automaticly it can't read the ks.cfg file.
So my question is: How to load automaticly some other modules ?

Thanks in advance.

Everything works great now !!!
I've just added the tg3 pci info in modules.pcimap and the module is loaded at boot time.

Thanks...