Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LD_LIBRARY_PATH; openwin and X11 Directories in HP-UX and Solaris

Jai Harikrishnan
Occasional Advisor

LD_LIBRARY_PATH; openwin and X11 Directories in HP-UX and Solaris

Hi all,

I am installing oracle in HP-UX 11.11 and one of the environment variable(LD_LIBRARY_PATH) of Oracle is pointing to /usr/openwin/lib.

This particular directory is not available in HP-UX. What I am thinking is, this may be a oracle bug and the variable is not set properly.

Can some please tell what is the variable value(LD_LIBRARY_PATH) is set as in a Oracle 11.5.5 install HP-UX

May be, I can reset the value and run the Oracle install again.

Please help!
2 REPLIES
Jai Harikrishnan
Occasional Advisor

Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH; openwin and X11 Directories in HP-UX and Solaris

The HP-UX version 11.11

I was searching some previous postings, and I came across, that the same environment path is repeated. I was wondering, if there is some additional software that needs to be installed or is it a patch issue.

Thanks in advance
Jai Harikrishnan
Occasional Advisor

Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH; openwin and X11 Directories in HP-UX and Solaris

Well, during the course of thw work, noted that there is no such file /usr/openwin directory in HP-UX. This is a solaris feature.

Even though, the Oracle Environment variable is set to have /usr/openwin/lib, if the oracle installer does not find this directory, it is ignored. Guess there is no problem there.

This problem, was more of setting, the right kernel parameters, to accomodate the Oracle Process.