Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop 6530b - Linux - audio

ole_sentry
Occasional Visitor

Laptop 6530b - Linux - audio

Hello,
I have a laptop 6530b, it works well. But I have no sound through the speaker, just the headphone have sound. I use a linux kernel 2.6.27-rc7 with alsa drivers. The chips audio is : AD 1986A with intel ICH9 (centrino 2 platform).
If you have any ideas ....

Thanks
Olivier

PS : This laptop is annonced to be support Suse Linux Enterprise 10
2 REPLIES
algayj
Trusted Contributor

Re: Laptop 6530b - Linux - audio

You can check to see if your device chipset is listed and supported by your version of linux...I think the command lspci. I had similar issue using Ubuntu, I had to boot the box with a different kernel to get the computer speaker working. also alsamixer command will bring up an interface, and see if the speaker is muted.
ole_sentry
Occasional Visitor

Re: Laptop 6530b - Linux - audio

It works !!! ;-)
With the new kernel 2.6.27 the chipset is recognized if I add the parameters model=mobile in the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf
The next step ... modem configuration

Olivier