Operating System - Microsoft
1753488 Members
4079 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Laptop freezes in game/video

Matt F King

Laptop freezes in game/video

Last night I was in the middle of a computer game I recently bought, and I had been playing it non-stop all day, and randomly the screen froze mid-game, and no buttons were functional. I held the power button until it turned off, and when restarted, nothing appeared to be happening except I could hear the fan going slow and that was it. Nothing was on the screen nothing was working. I was thinking this may have been from overheating but i've played games similar for a longer period of time. I blew on the fan and the bottom of the laptop to cool it off and eventually it began to work again. I began to play a video on Windows Media Player on fullscreen and around 5 minutes in, it froze exactly the same way. I'm not sure what's wrong but any help would be appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
John Y
Honored Contributor

Which make & model is it ?
Matt F King

It is a HP Compaq NX9110
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

HI Matt,
You can try a view things, a bios update might inprove the way the system cools itself.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/22647.html

I think it lock in mediaplayer because the system did not cool down enough after playing the game

If you leave the laptop off for more then an hour does it still lock in Mediaplayer?

Did the system feal extremly hot at the bottum when it locked? Did the laptop stand on a flat survice?

Is you laptop near the minimum systemrequirements of your system? Some games also take a lot of you videocard that can also result in a lot of heat.

Have a nice day,
HTH, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Matt F King

Thank you so much for your help. The problem actually WAS that it was overheating from the game. I guess I just left it on a little too long. There have not been any problems since. Thanks again!