108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Large file /etc/opt/resmon/persistence being generated

SOLVED
Go to solution
Terry Barkoulas
Occasional Advisor

Re: Large file /etc/opt/resmon/persistence being generated

Hi Andrew, I have looked in SAM and there is only one device, and that is the one for the UPS that I had installed. Essentially what I have done is unplug one UPS and moved the HP to this new UPS which is using the same port. Removing it will cause the UPS not to function the way it is suppose to. Does this mean that in order to configure this UPS correctly is to;
1. Remove whatever device is indicated in SAM
2. Re-install the Powerware software

Also I will see if I can download the latest diags. By the way you are correct with regards to the file that is growing. Thanks again.

Terry
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Terry,
Unfortunately, I don't know the UPS configuration so well, so I'm not sure what needs to be configured so it works, but so that ups_mond is not running. You'd need to check what the instructions for the new software is, to know if the UPS needs to be configured in SAM or not; if SAM is just configuring ups_mond, then removing the UPS from SAM may be the right thing to do. You might then need to reconfigure the correct port, but that's not something I can help with.

For now, I'd suggest:
1) Modify the /etc/ups_conf file and see if that stops the messages in the short term

2) upgrade the OnlineDiags to a recent version (don't forget to also install the latest patch for that version)

That ought to take care of the problem, but also check how the Powerware software gets to know about the UPS, whether SAM configuration is needed or not, for future changes or to tidy things up.

Andrew

(You seem to have re-registered in ITRC; you'll need to use your original login to assign points to the answers that worked, so that others who have a similar problem in future can find a solution.)

Terry B_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again Andrew, removing the UPS from SAM and deleting the file did the trick. Sorry for the delayed response.

Regards

Terry
Terry B_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to all closing thread.