Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library files

Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

Library files

hi all
i try to install some oracle application and through the instullation he gave me that he want two library files which are
libX11.a & libXt.a, from which RPM package can i have these files and other files

thanks
fadia.marei
4 REPLIES
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: Library files

'libX11.a' and 'libXt.a' are supplied in the 'XFree86-devel' package on a red-hat system.

As you sure you can't get away with using the 'libX11.so.6' and 'libXt.so.6' that come with the 'XFree86-libs' pacakge?
One long-haired git at your service...
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

when i do the rpm -i command for it it gives me the following error
"error: File not found by glob: XFree86-devel-4[1].3.0-2.90.55.i386.rpm"
what it is mean
fadia.marei
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

I'd check to ensure that the file is in the directory you specified, and if it has []'s in the filename, to be sure to escape them properly (or quote the file-name).

In most shells, the special characters []?*`{}$\&()# have very special meanings. Using them in file names causes headaches.
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

I'd check to ensure that the file is in the directory you specified, and if it has []'s in the filename, to be sure to escape them properly (or quote the file-name).

In most shells, the special characters []?*`{}$\&()#~ have very special meanings. Using them in file names causes headaches.