3108 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Licenses

Shahul
Esteemed Contributor

Licenses

Hi Admins

I have a doubt about OS licenses in HP. First I will explain my setup. I am having around 10 workstations with 10.2. Now I wanted to upgrade all to 11.0. My question is that, for this what and all I require? Should I purchace one OS media and Install it in all workstations? Or Should I need License to purchaced for each and every workstation? (It is too coastly). OK...If I purchace 10 licences, basically what HP will be giving to me? Will I get 10 OS medias? Or will I get 10 License papers?

Thanks in advance
Shahul
7 REPLIES 7
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Licenses

Hi Shahul,

If you have a maintanance contract with HP the upgrade is free, if not I think that you must to purchase 10 licenses and you obtain one CD and 10 papers with the codeword.

Hope this help,
Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

Shahul

There is a differece between media and licenses
If you don't have a support contract you buy one Media Kit (license included) and 9 licenses (paper only)

Regards
Rainer
He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Shahul
Esteemed Contributor

Hi

U are almost near to me. Now my question is Why should I have 9 extra licenses with code word. As per my knowledge while installing OS, it will not ask any code words or license codes. I want only bare OS. So with one media and license my purpose will be served...Right?

Thanks for ur reply..Expecting the same again
Shahul
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

The OS license is a 'license to use', so you will need it on every server you plan to install.

OK, there is no technical need for this license paper, but a legal need

Regards
Rainer
He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shahul,

Rainer it's right, this is only a legal thing.

Regards,
Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
Roger Baptiste
Honored Contributor

<>

Yes, but if you do not have a support contract with HP, it is considered Illegal ;-)

-raj
Take it easy.
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

I get so much "crap" from HP for beta testing, that I can't even tell what needs a license and what doesn't - which of course screws me up when I put a proposal together for a project. Wouldn't it be great if HP would just have their license agreements and explainations online (and costs)?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die