4268 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Linux Xvfb

Charles Harris
Super Advisor

Linux Xvfb

Dear all,

Does anyone know where I can get the source / binary / RPM for XVFB for Linux 2.2.12-20, apart from with a whole distrabution of Xfree86. I'm totally stuck.
Tried the usual watering holes (sourceforge / freshmeat etc)....

Any help would be appreciated, although if someone can or has got xttfs1.1 running on HP-UX 10.20 Please let me know how!!!

Cheers!

-ChaZ-
5 REPLIES 5
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Re: Linux Xvfb

Charles Harris
Super Advisor

Cheers! - The source has helped alot, although I'm still side-stepping the issue:-

I really need some kind soul to port or explain how I can get Xttfs (The 1st True Type Font Server) running on HP-UX 10.20. I've tried the porting archives with no joy.

The auther states that the code has been compiled on most Unix's but HP is sadly missing. I know XFS on HP-UX does support True Types but it exports their name and references in a totally different way the the execellent Linux version Xttfs.

Again, thanks for the help so far, if anyone can help with the grail, it'll be drinks all round!!!!

Cheers!

-ChaZ-

Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Charles Harris
Super Advisor

Again, many thanks for the link! - I've got both the elements now, just not a HP-UX working version of Xfstt. If anyone knows of a download or a quick how-to bodge for HP-UX I will be eternally greatful!

Cheers!!

-ChaZ-