1753541 Members
5476 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Linux on Visualize X Class, 733, with FX6

Marc-Andre Morisset

Linux on Visualize X Class, 733, with FX6

Hello.

I hate to bring up an older subject, but I was wondering if anyone has installed Linux (any distro) on this type of system.

I've seen comments about beta drivers for the FX6 existing at one point in time, but I can't find them now. If these drivers are not available, is is possible to use the FX5/FX10 drivers and HP's X Server?

I don't need the FX6 specifically, but I would rather not purchase another video card if there is something out there even if it's beta.
3 REPLIES 3
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Rick Beldin
HPE Pro

I think that you are stuck with older RH distros with this graphics card. I want to say that RH 7.3 was the last release that I recall.
Necessary questions: Why? What? How? When?
Marc-Andre Morisset

Thanks for the information. I ended up going back to redhat 6.2 and installing the beta drivers and X Server from HP. I had to search for a while, but I found the hpgraphics bundles here : http://www.hyper-linux.org/HP-HOWTO/mirror/Software/

Things work well, aside from being somewhat out of date in terms of kernels...But it is light years beyond the 640x480 version of X I had before.

If I'm feeling brave some day I may see if I can upgrade to redhat 7.3...but I'm in no rush for now.

Thanks for the help.

.ma