108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Linux training from HP, and Redhat version

SOLVED
Go to solution
Victor Bao
Occasional Contributor

Linux training from HP, and Redhat version

I'm familar with HP-UX, but never touch Linux before.
My employer will try some new applications on Redhat Linux AS2.1 on Compaq boxes, so I'm looking for some training.

Could anyone advice if the listed Linux trainings from HP are targetting Reahat or other version of Linux ?

For Redhat version, I saw something like 6.*, 7.* or 8.*. Which of them can be mapped to Redhat AdvancedServer 2.1 ?

Thanks a lot,

Victor
2 REPLIES 2
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Linux training from HP, and Redhat version

I'm unsure as to the HP Linux training, but as for the RH training, the RHCE (which should now be aimed at v8) is for RedHat products in general.

They have a more advanced course designed for maintainers of the AS stuff (RH401), but it suggests RHCE level (RH302) of understand Linux first.

See http://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/ for more details on the RH courses.

With experience administrating HP-UX courses, the knowlege shift for the RHCE shouldn't be that difficult (there was one person who did the RHCE with me who had little difficulty). As to whether you can just step into the RH401 without that knowledge, I don't know.

As far as my understanding goes, the 401 course is only offered in America (and I'm nowhere near there!).
One long-haired git at your service...
Victor Bao
Occasional Contributor

Re: Linux training from HP, and Redhat version

Stuart,

That's really good information.

Thanks a lot,

Victor