New Discussion юеВ

Logging out Of Entria Terminal

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Frederiksen
Frequent Advisor

Logging out Of Entria Terminal

Fellow Admins-

We have an old Entria terminal (which works great besides this). The terminal logs in fine, and works fine, but when you go to log out, it takes a few minutes to get a new login screen. I just started my position here, and they said it worked fine until they upgraded to 11.0. Thanks in advance!

Paul
13 REPLIES 13
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

Re: Logging out Of Entria Terminal

Reinstall the software and drivers for the Entria on your server.
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
Paul Frederiksen
Frequent Advisor

That would be the Microsoft fix to things. I would rather know why it is doing this. If I MUST reinstall software and drivers, I will, but if not, I would rather do it that way.
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Paul,

Please try and increase the RAM of your Entria terminal and check out the performance.

Cheers!
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

If we are talking entria xterminals then i would advise not just throwing more of anything at it unless you know the root cause !

FYI : xterminals are dumb terminals : they will require occasional rebooting to free memory up : i'd advise say once a week ?

To check run : remsh get log : for errors and "get installed" and "get stats" to see available memory etc etc ...

Also if it's hanging there just a chance that it maybe the dtlogin or Xserver process that has the problem not the xterminal .... I'm amazed the number of so called xterminal experts there are on this forum !

ps Chris have you tried that patch out yet ?
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Other points to note : there are several Entria models are we talking entrias or entria II's they use completely separate s/w :

use the remsh outputs to check : latest versions are :

7.11 for older entrias
9.12 for newer entria II's

It may also be worth your while checking CDE etc out since this is what's hanging unless you are rebooting the box after log out.-
Paul Frederiksen
Frequent Advisor

I just ran the commands that you suggested, and it appears that there are no problems at all. There is 4 megs memory on the board, and another 4 flash memory, which if I have done my math right equals 8. That is on the Entria Plus. The Entria II that we have has 16 megs on it and works beautifully.

Any other ideas?

Paul
Paul Frederiksen
Frequent Advisor

Base Unit: C3264A HP ENTRIA
Firmware version: B.06.20CR
Server version: B.07.11
Base ram: 4 MBytes
Video ram: 2 MBytes
SIMM Slot 0: 4 MBytes, 70 nsec
SIMM Slot 1: Socket empty
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Yes : create a new user and test if they have the same problem : if they don't it may well be the time is being used up when the user logs out due to dtsession saving Xresources etc and encountering problems : check /var/dt/Xerrors and also $Home/.dt/errorlogs just in case !

Also does power cycling the unit improve performace ? Also what applications would a user be using on a day to day basis .... CAD applications such as Cadence at all ?

PS 4 MB is Low
Paul Frederiksen
Frequent Advisor

This happens for all users that use the Entria Plus. All they are using it for is Omniback. (Im trying to talk them into just getting exceed, and solve the whole problem and future problems there) It isn't being used for anything intensive at all. Power Cycling doesn't help.