1751694 Members
5364 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Login Password doesn't work

caliwhale
Occasional Advisor

Login Password doesn't work

I have an hp omnibook 6100 and its just been given to me by my sister but she forgot to give me the password and I can't get a hold of her for quite a while. I was wondering if theres any way I could reset this password. It's the password where you have to hit cntrl, alt, and delete and then type user name and password. Any help would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I Hope that really your sister forgot and you are not trying to read her journal ;).

This software is normally used to break password:

home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
caliwhale
Occasional Advisor

I've browsed that site for about 20 minutes and have found no link to a download to put on a cd, I'll continue looking though.
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/cd060213.zip

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
caliwhale
Occasional Advisor

Okay thanks for the link, I've downloaded that and put it on a disc and I don't know where to go from there. I tried booting the laptop with the cd in there but no message screen or anything popped up so I must be doing something wrong.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

What have you done, caliwhale?

The proper steps would be:
1.) Unpack the ZIP and store the ISO-file (which is a CD-image) in some tmp folder.
2.) Burn a CD *from* the ISO-file, using Nero or some other CD burning application. Do not burn the file itself to the CD.
3.) Check what's on the CD. There should be 7 files altogether.
4.) boot from the CD.
5.) Follow the on-screen messages.

HTH
Rainald
caliwhale
Occasional Advisor

I've unzipped the file and burned it to a cd but I must have done that wrong. How do you burn "from" a file. I have nero by the way.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Caliwhale,
if your Nero is set up the right way, a click on the ISO-file should open Nero in the mode to burn an ISO image.

Otherwise open Nero, Select CD-ROM (ISO) as type to be burnt, selectm "no Multisession" and then select/open the ISO file as the source.

Rainald

caliwhale
Occasional Advisor

Okay I just did that and there are 7 files total on the cd. I don't know where to go from there.
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Caliwhale,
this sounds OK.

So now just boot from the CD and follow the on-screen intruction.

Delete Password for the account in question.
You may set a new one later under Windows.

Rainald