Operating System - Microsoft
1752590 Members
2959 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MAPS Win2K8 and SmartStart

Jason Fernandez

MAPS Win2K8 and SmartStart

Having some trouble trying to install Action Pack Win2K8 32bit & 64bit DVD (both versions, single DVD) using SmartStart v8.0 x64. It doesn't like the DVD when it asks to insert Win2K8 media during install process. I can use MSDN Win2K8 x64 DVD (single version on DVD) and SmartStart sees the OS files fine.

My main concern, I don't want to use the MSDN media. Any ideas or am I going to have to install Win2K8 first and install PSP later once in OS? I'm guessing SmartStart does not like seeing both versions on a DVD. Not sure if this is a new issue or has always been the case with SmartStart. I know Microsoft did away with the i386 structuring.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Brent Ofenstein

Re: MAPS Win2K8 and SmartStart

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm trying to use SmartStart 8.10 with MAPS version of Win2K8 and having the same issue.
Jason Fernandez

I ended up using MSDN. Haven't tried with new version of smart start, maybe they corrected it? Probably not.
Brent Ofenstein

Do you have an MSDN subscription? I only have an Action Pack subscription. How did you get the MSDN media if you don't have an MSDN subscription?
Jason Fernandez

My company has subscriptions to both. To make things easier, I would install MAPS Win2K8 first, then just load PSP once in Windows. Really your only option unless HP wants to weight in and modify their SmartStart to support MAPS.