Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC Service guard and Oracle

YOUNG C. JUN_1
Occasional Contributor

MC Service guard and Oracle

Hello All,

I have a question regarding MC service guard with Oracle. When It trys to failover, Does it requires oracle restart?

I have two HP machines and setup with MC service guard. But, Whenever HP has a problem, It didn't failover. I mean MC looks ok but Oracle is always in the middle of backup.
And, Oracle had a problem because it was in the middle of backup.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Roulet
Occasional Advisor

Re: MC Service guard and Oracle

The database is in backup mode, you need to switch in end backup mode, and restart

Hope this will help you.

PR

;-))
YOUNG C. JUN_1
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I know. So, I'm looking for solution to avoid manual recovery.
Rhonda Thorne
Frequent Advisor

You can set a flag when you stat your backup that MC/SG can look for first and if it sees the flag, you can run a script to take oracle outta backup mode before doing and oracle shutdown and restart after cluster has switched over.

I have samples of script taking oracle outta backup mode that we use.

Rhonda
Sharing my knowledge of UNIX flavors
YOUNG C. JUN_1
Occasional Contributor

Rhonda,
Can you post your script?
Thank you