General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC/ServiceGuard on linux problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chad Wigal
Occasional Visitor

MC/ServiceGuard on linux problem

Greetings,

I've just installed MCSG on two RedHat AS2.1 boxes and I'm having a problem generating an initial cluster config template file. Specifically, I am executing:

cmquerycl -v -n bones -n crusher -q gimli -C /usr/local/cmcluser/conf/mis2.config

The output is as follows:

[root@bones conf]# cmquerycl -v -n bones -n crusher -q gimli -C /usr/local/cmcluser/conf/mis2.config

Begin checking the nodes...
Looking for other clusters ... Done
Gathering configuration information ............. Done
Failed to gather configuration information.

The only log entry that I can find is in /var/log/messages:

Oct 10 16:07:40 bones cmclconfd[3857]: Unable to stat /usr/local/cmcluster/conf/cmclconfig, No such file or directory

This entry is made in the messages file on both nodes.

I was under the impression that the cmclconfig file wasn't created until after cmapplyconf is run (I didn't think that it needed to exist before I run cmquerycl to generate an initial config template file).

Has anybody else run across this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chad Wigal
Senior MIS Consultant
Vanderbilt University
2 REPLIES
John Poff
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MC/ServiceGuard on linux problem

Hi,

Just a dumb question, but you do have a /usr/local/cmcluster/conf/ directory on each system?

Also, in your command line you have:

... -C /usr/local/cmcluser/conf/mis2.config

Is that just a typo or should that be /usr/local/cmcluster/conf ... ?

JP
Chad Wigal
Occasional Visitor

Re: MC/ServiceGuard on linux problem

Thanks for replying John. Yes, I did have that directory on each system, and the argument for the "-C" option is to specify the name of the template config file that the command was supposed to generate.

I've actually fixed the problem, though. I was using the "tg3" module for my broadcom gig ethernet cards instead of the "bcm5700" module. The tg3 module worked fine until I started configuring serviceguard. On a hunch, I decided to download and install the latest bcm5700 driver from compaq, modify my /etc/modules.conf file to make my nics use it, and everything started working as expected. Phew...

Anyway, thanks again for the reply!