4777 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Machine Reebots by it's own

KapilRaj
Honored Contributor

Machine Reebots by it's own

Hi friends,

I have a D250 Server with 128 MB RAM it is running HP-UX 10.20 / oracle 7.X . From last 3 days the machine reboots with the following Error message in the shutdownlog file, The frequency of the problem is once or twice in a day.

16:48 Tue Dec 12 2000. Reboot after panic: TOC, pcsq.pcoq = 0.288150, isr.ior = 0.42b998
please see the attached file /etc/shutdownlog

I have tested the U.P.S etc i found it is something to do with this Server only.

Can any body look into this ?. Thanks in advance

Regds,

Kapil Raj
Nothing is impossible
5 REPLIES 5
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: Machine Reebots by it's own

Hi there.
pls check the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
for any events before the shutdown.
Also take a look at the alert??.log of the database. Check the memory usage of your database and your users as well.
Perhaps you can attach the syslog.
rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Andy Monks
Honored Contributor

There should be some files/directories under /var/adm/crash.

If so, you probably want to log a call with your local hp response centre and get them to analyze the dump.

Andy
KapilRaj
Honored Contributor

hi

the customer has got a contract through HCL the exclusive business partner for HP 9000 in india . And i am working for HCL only.

Yes there are two directories in /var/adm/crash

It is going to take time analising the core as i hv to sent the same to tech. support. Can i do some thing with the core at the customer place?. What do they(HP Support) do with core ? , If the same can be carried out here it wil be faster.

Any feedbacks on this ?

I don't hv a copy of syslog.log as the customer restarted the machine once again.

Kapil
Nothing is impossible
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Check the /var/adm/syslog/OLDsyslog.log.
If you are lucky, this is your former syslog.log.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

Hi Kapil,

The core files severity can be check with "file core", the corresponding error meaning can be found from online manual(man 5 signal) e.g. SIGSEGV (invalid memory reference, which results in abnormal termination of the process). You can also do "strings core|pg" This will show you the related files or processes that caused the core dump.
Since you have a contract with HP, do send a copy of the core file to them for proper diagnosis.
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.